Motherhood Moments: Month 8
This last month has been a giant blur and we are still in the midst of the chaos. But I am determined to document Flora’s first year, so here we are! (granted, a little late)
- Eating: We have had to ease her back from certain solids b/c this girl won’t poo! She can go quite a while w/o pooping. I’m not sure if it is b/c we were introducing to many starchy things or if my milk supply has gone down from travel, stress, and sickness. So now, we are just doing breast milk and pureed fruits with some veggies mixed in.
- Sleeping: Lately Flora has been taking great naps! HALLELUJAH! This has been so wonderful for her and wonderful for me as well. I feel like I have a little break in the day to accomplish a few things and…gather my sanity. She has been sleeping about 9pm-2am then 2am-7am. Not through the night just yet, but I’m honestly too exhausted and frazzled to work with her on this.
- Development: Little miss continues to grow. She is in 9-12 month clothing mainly b/c she is getting so long! Still no crawling, but she LOVES to stand and hold onto a chair and has even taken a few supported steps with the chair. I think she might walk before crawling!
She now knows ‘dada’ and ‘mama’, and has started to associate ‘dada’ with Daniel!
- Fav & Least Fav Things: This girl just loves to be held. She does that little ‘cling’ thing where she holds onto your neck extra tight. She also just loves to stand and walk with support.
Alternately, she does NOT like being put down unless there is a very strategic entertaining toy before her. Sometimes I get frustrated, but then I think…I’m not always going to be able to hold my sweet girl like this!
- Best Moments: The last month has been hard. One of the hardest I’ve had in a long time. It’s been riddled with depression, anxiety, stress, loads of tears, tension, sickness, and disorder. All that being said, somehow when my little girl smiles at me, so much of the ‘yuck’ melts away. Her innocence and dependence on me just melts my heart and I realize the bigger picture.
I also have to share that my mother along with my community group have seriously blessed us. My mom has watched Flora countless times and also helped pack and load boxes. Our community group has made us a meal and also came and tackled projects at our new house. AMAZING. These people really encourage me so much.
- Learning Moments: The Lord has been teaching me in the midst of chaos, that He is still…Him. He is still good. All of these earthly circumstances will melt away and all that will remain is Him. Keeping an eternal perspective lately has been so challenging for me. I want to be a good example to my daughter and teach her how to be a woman of faith. I just feel like lately I have failed at this. Thank God for grace.
- Hard Moments: Well, I pretty much already hit them all. I’m seeing how when I’m not right with God, the world and my circumstances really take a toll on my marriage. I was reading today in 1 Corinthians 13 how love is patient and kind. I do not feel like I have been patient or kind to my husband this last month. That is a hard realization to come to. No matter how crazy life is or what tragedy strikes, God calls us to love. Because He loves us. So, my goal right now is to just focus on this scripture and pray pray pray that God will soften my heart and I can love as He loves.
- Weight/Body Check-in: Between travel, stress, sickness, and moving there has been a little more weight loss but unfortunately a lot more sickness. As much as I can with moving, I am trying to eat more plant-based and work on my health.
- Misc: Next month’s post will be written from our new house. That is an exciting thought to me.
1 Corinthians 13: 4-7
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it his not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.